Learning Design and Technology, M.Ed.
Contact: Dr. Virgil Fredenberg
The M.Ed. in Learning Design and Technology develops the skills and abilities to design and create effective instructional experiences in a digital age environment. The program is delivered in a 100% online asynchronous format, so that participants may complete the degree requirements while working full time. Graduates of this program are prepared to lead transformational change in educational environments. Emphasis is placed on creating quality technology-enhanced teaching and training environments by developing characteristics of:
• Visionary Leadership
• Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Digital-age Learning Environments
• Professional Development and Program Development
• Digital Citizenship
The M.Ed. Learning Design and Technology program is not a teacher certification program. For an initial teaching certificate see Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education programs, or Masters of Arts in Teaching Programs. Students wanting a K-12 Educational Technology teaching endorsement will be eligible upon completion of the requirements for the Educational Technology Graduate Certificate Program.
1. Application for admission and $60 non-refundable admission fee.
2. Copy of a current Alaska teaching certificate if you wish an endorsement.
3. Two general recommendations using SOE form on the website.
4. Statement of Professional Objectives
5. Official transcript(s) showing a baccalaureate degree and GPA of 3.0.
|Minimum credit hours||33|
|EDET S628||Technology in Instructional Design||3|
|EDET S636||The Impact of Technology on Student Learning||3|
|EDET S637||Differentiating Instruction Through Technology||3|
|EDET S668||Educational Technology Leadership||3|
|EDET S673||Ethics in Educational Technology||3|
|EDET S674||Virtual Teaching and Learning||3|
|EDET S677||Mechanical Applications of Technology||3|
|EDET S678||Emerging Technologies||3|
|EDET S679||Gamification and Open Education||3|
|EDET S698||Master's Research Project or Portfolio||1-3|
|Select on of the following:||3|
|or Advisor approved elective|