Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
The M.Ed. Educational Leadership program is a cohort program designed to prepare candidates to become school administrators in Alaska. The program prepares candidates for the challenges and opportunities inherent in assuming roles as educational leaders in public schools. The program is specifically targeted at preparing administrators for the rural school districts in the state.
The M.Ed. program in Educational Leadership is designed to provide candidates the opportunity to begin the program in one summer session and complete it in the next. In addition, candidates will be expected to complete courses and Alaska College of Education approved internship during the school year. Summer courses will be held on the Juneau campus of the University of Alaska Southeast. Fall and spring courses will be delivered through technology. Program assessment plans and student learning outcomes are posted at the Program Assessment website.
Admission to the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership requires the following:
- Completed application and $60 non-refundable application fee
- Official academic transcript indicating a baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.00
- Three years public school teaching experience
- Letter of recommendation or support from the superintendent of schools of the district in which the internship will occur
- Statement of professional objectives in a 2-3 page paper. This paper will cover the candidate’s educational and professional experiences and outline the professional goals to be achieved through the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership.
More information and forms available at uas.alaska.edu/education/programs/med-leadership.html.
|Minimum Credit Hours||36|
|ED S627||Educational Research||3|
|ED S637||Introduction to Educational Leadership||9|
|ED S638||Curriculum and Instructional Leadership I||3|
|ED S639||Curriculum and Instructional Leadership II||3|
|ED S690||Educational leadership II||9|
|ED S691||Internship: (Superintendent I)||3|
|ED S691||Internship: (Superintendent II)||3|
|ED S698||Master's Research Project or Portfolio||3|