Students must apply each year for financial aid. Students should contact the Financial Aid Office for a UAS Financial Aid information packet and application materials. Send requests for information to 11120 Glacier Hwy, Juneau, AK 99801–8680, or phone (907) 796–6255 or 1-877-465–4827 (toll–free).
Specific procedures are as follows:
- All students must be unconditionally admitted to a degree or certificate program at the University of Alaska Southeast before most types of financial aid can be disbursed (refer to the “Admission” sections of this catalog for information on procedures and deadlines). Graduate and Credential students who are admitted “conditionally” should contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), listing the University of Alaska Southeast, code # 001065, in the school section. For the academic year, the FAFSA must be received by the Federal processor by June 30, or by the end of the term in which the student is enrolled, whichever is earlier. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA early (www.fafsa.gov).
- The student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) acknowledgment letter two to four weeks after the FAFSA has been submitted, and the Financial Aid Office on the Juneau campus will receive an Institutional Student Information Record electronic SAR within approximately seven to ten days of processing the FAFSA. All students should review the SAR acknowledgment letter and confirm that all the information is correct. Note: Students may be required to provide additional information and documents (refer to the “Verification of Information” section).
- Students who wish to apply for UAS or UA Foundation scholarships may access the application on the Financial Aid Office’s website. Please note that the deadline for applications for UAS and UA Foundation Scholarships is the February preceding the academic year.
- Students who wish to apply for other scholarships may request applications, if available, from the financial aid representative on each campus.
- Students who wish to apply for the AlaskAdvantage Education Grant must submit their FAFSA by June 30 in the preceding the academic year.
- Students who wish to apply for the Alaska Performance Scholarship must submit their FAFSA by June 30.
- Students interested in Federal Direct Loans, the Alaska Supplemental Education Loan program or other alternative loan programs are encouraged to apply on-line (please refer to the Financial Aid Office’s website for information concerning on-line applications).
- Students who wish to apply for Bureau of Indian Affairs grants or scholarships should contact the BIA or their Regional Native Corporation for applications.