Reading Specialist Graduate Certificate
Lisa K. Richardson
Admission to the Reading Certificate program requires the same application materials as the M.Ed. in Reading Specialist. If the Reading Specialist Graduate Certificate application is submitted with the M.Ed. application, the $60 application fee will be charged only once.
Admission Requirements Education Certificate
- Application for admission and $60 non-refundable admission fee.
- Copy of a current Alaska teaching or administrative certificate.
- Two Letters of Recommendation on SOE form.
- Official transcript(s) indicating a baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.0. degree.
- Writing Assessment: 2-3 page typewritten, double-spaced formal paper containing a summary of your educational experiences, a description of professional goals related to what is needed to teach Alaska’s students and those beyond and a statement of how the program might help in attaining those goals. Statement will be judged in terms of readability and style as well as compatibility of the student’s objectives, expectations and goals of the program.
- Statement of ability to do field experience on SOE form.
|Minimum Credit Hours||24|
|EDRE S671||Language, Reading and Culture||3|
|EDRE S674||Developing Reading, ECE-12||3|
|EDRE S675||Reading and Cognition||3|
|EDRE S676||Reading Instruction and Assessment I||3|
|EDRE S677||Reading Instruction and Assessment II||3|
|EDRE S678||Literature and Reading: Supporting Readers at All Levels||3|
|EDRE S679||Reading and Literacy in the Content Areas||3|
|EDRE S696||Reading Teacher As Leader||3|
- GPA of 3.00
- Satisfactory completion of all courses