Secondary Education Graduate Certificate
Contact: Scott Christian
- UAS Graduate Application ($60 fee)
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 minimum
- Transcripts from all universities attended.
- Two recommendation forms addressing Academic Content and Professional Dispositions
- Student Information Sheet
- Information Release Waiver Statement
- Current Resume
- Statement of Professional Objectives
- Praxis CORE Test
- Student Teaching Authorization
- Scheduled interview with faculty, either face to face or through web conference. The admissions interview will be conducted by UAS supervision faculty in alignment with subject area disciplines.)
- Praxis II Subject Assessment prior to admission.
- Students must complete a transcript evaluation form to be reviewed by faculty prior to admission. (If there are content deficiencies, the student will be advised to defer enrollment. )
In order to meet the criteria for teaching experience, applicants must provide documentation (evaluations, employment verification, lesson plans etc.) from a teaching position in a private school, an outdoor or experiential education program or an international school. Substitute teaching or early childhood experience does not apply. The documentation should demonstrate that the applicant planned for instruction, facilitated learning and completed all duties related to the teaching assignment.
|ALST S600||Alaska Resources, People and Perspectives||3|
|ED S620||Curriculum Development||3|
|ED S680||Perspectives in Multicultural Education||3|
|ED S691||(Education Internship) 1||3|
|ED S692||Education Seminar 1||3|
|EDSE S682||Inclusive Education for Students with Disabilities||3|
Two semesters required for total 6 credits.