Financial Obligations and Payments
Each semester has a published fee payment due date. Failure to pay in full or to make other payment arrangements by the published fee payment deadline for each term may result in cancellation of your class schedule.
Students that register for late starting courses after the published term payment due date are responsible for paying tuition and fees at the time of registration. Such late registrations unpaid may be dropped from the course.
It is the student’s responsibility to make payments by the published due date. An electronic bill will be generated on the 15th of each month and an email reminder will be sent to your UA assigned e-mail address. Additionally, the bill is available via UAOnline. Students who do not repay amounts by the designated due date will receive one additional notice. If the payment is not received by the date specified on the notice, collection proceedings which may include garnishment of student’s Alaska PFD, will be instituted to collect the debt.
4 ways to pay your bill:
- Online at UAOnline; payment by credit/debit card includes a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% of the transaction amount or $3, whichever is greater. Web check (ACH) payments can be made on UAOnline and will not be assessed the service fee and will remain free.
- Online through the TMS Student Account Center.
- Pay in person with check, money order, cash, debit or credit card at UAS Student Accounts in the Novatney Building.
- Send a check or money order to UAS Student Accounts, 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK 99801. Please be sure to include the student ID number of the account you would like credited.
- UAS reserves the right to withhold final grades, transcripts, diplomas, or other services from students who have not fulfilled all their financial obligations to the institution.
- Students that owe a balance for housing may be served with eviction notice and forfeit their security deposit.
- Student balances for any charges owed to the university, other than tuition and fees or financial aid reversals, are due within 30 days.
- Any charges unpaid at the end of the semester are due and must be paid before you can re-enroll. If you owe money to the university and submit an enrollment form and payment for the current semester, you will not be enrolled in your classes; instead the payment will be applied toward the outstanding balance.
- Students are held financially responsible for all courses for which they register. Past due accounts may be sent to a collection agency and reported to the credit bureau. Interest, late fees and / or collection costs will be added to a student's account, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 40% of the debt. For questions about past due accounts, contact the Student Accounts office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The university is authorized to garnish Alaska Permanent Fund dividends for payment of past due accounts under Alaska Statutes 14.40.251 and 43.23.073.
- Debts arising from deferred payment agreements of any type or from contractual agreements, such as housing contracts, are legal obligations to UAS and are subject to the same collection processes as tuition and fees. It is important to read any contract thoroughly and to ask any questions before signing any form.
- A fee of $30 will be assessed for any check or e-check payment returned for any reason. Students who do not repay such checks will receive notice. If payment is not made by the date specified, collection proceedings will be instituted. Note: Grades, diplomas, and transcripts will not be released until all debts to the University (any campus) are paid.