Juneau Consolidated Fee
$47 per credit
The non-refundable consolidated fee is used to provide students with a variety of opportunities and services that enhance the quality of the educational experience and facilitate the delivery of instruction by covering costs associated with the use of various in-class and e-learning instructional materials, supplies, and technologies, as well as learning support resources, student activities and recreation. The Juneau campus consolidated fee partially funds these specific student services: student government, student health clinic, the Egan Library, the campus learning and testing center, the I.T. HelpDesk, Whalesong, the UAS recreation center, and the Juneau campus shuttle system.
Ketchikan and Sitka Consolidated Fee
$25 per credit
The non-refundable consolidated fee is used to provide students with a variety of opportunities and services that enhance the quality of the educational experience and facilitate the delivery of instruction by covering the costs associated with the use of various in-class and e-learning instructional materials, supplies, and technologies, as well as learning support resources, and student activities. The Sitka and Ketchikan campus consolidated fee supports these specific student services: student government, campus learning and testing center, campus computer lab, I.T. HelpDesk, and the campus library.
Optional Student Alumni Fee (Juneau Fall Term Only)
$15 per year, optional*
The optional student alumni fee is charged to students taking 6 or more credits during the fall semester. Students must notify UAS cashier or Alumni Office if they would like to opt out of the fee two weeks following the start of the Fall term. Students starting in the Spring will need to notify the UAS Alumni Office for membership.
Certificate and Associate Level Admission Processing Fee: $40
Bachelor Level Admission Processing Fee: $50
Graduate Level Admission Processing Fee: $60
Undergraduate Associate, Bachelor, and Graduate Degree: $50 ($75 if late) payment due with application
Graduation fee covers: credit check, degree requirement audit and certification of eligibility to graduate
- A per-copy fee is charged for routine or rush processing and must be paid in advance.
- $12 - Official Electronic Transcript (fastest way)
- $15 Official Paper Transcript (normal processing, 5-7 business days)
- $30 Official Paper Transcript (expedited, 24 hour processing)
Challenge Course Examination Fees:
- $50 per credit
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Fees:
- Application Fee: $75
- Lower Division Credit Fee: $75/credit
- Upper Division Credit Fee: $110/credit
A lab/material fee may be charged for certain courses that require the use of special materials, supplies, services, or equipment as noted in course descriptions.
* Fee is refundable if student requests to opt out by the last day to drop classes with 100% refund. (See Academic Calendar for 100% refund dates.)
Credit Card Transaction Fee:
- 2.85 percent ($3 minimum)
- Any credit or debt card payments made via UAOnline.
- Fees charged by credit card company. The university does not receive any of this fee.
- Students dropped from classes due to nonpayment will be charged $100 to have classes reinstated.
Whale Card ID Replacement:
UAS has a one card system. Go to the Student Accounts office in the Novatney Building to get your card. It's your ID, Meal Plan and Key Access, all in one! Older ID's are no longer valid and key access will not work. Come see us in Student Accounts for more information.
Your first card is free, any replacement cards will cost $10. Please come visit Student Accounts in Novatney 215 to get your card.
Returned Check Fee:
- If a check (or web check) is returned for any reason, a hold will be placed on the student's account which will prevent the student from registering, viewing grades, participating in graduation activities, and receiving transcripts until the account balance and fee is paid.
Stop Payment Check Fee:
- If you notify the Bursar / Student Accounts Office that you have not received the check due to an incorrect address, or the check has been otherwise lost, the stop payment fee will be deducted from all reissued checks due to a stop pay request by the student. Please be sure your current mailing address is on file.
Student Housing Vehicle Registration:
Student Housing residents may register one vehicle per student at Student Housing without a fee. Limits are one vehicle per single resident (no boats or trailers), and two vehicles for family residents. Students failing to register their vehicle will be assessed a parking fee and may have their vehicle removed from the student housing lot.
Monthly Bus Pass:
Students enrolled in 9 credits or more can purchase bus passes at the discounted rate of $20.00 (limited to one per month). The price for students enrolled in less than 9 credits is the standard $40.00. Bus passes are good for unlimited riding all month anywhere in the Juneau Borough. This is a benefit offered by the City & Borough of Juneau for Juneau Campus students only.