Students who wish to drop courses must complete and submit a drop form through the Registrar’s Office or may drop online at UAOnline.alaska.edu. Student fees are non-refundable. Any debts owed to the University (any campus) by the student will be subtracted from the refund before issuance of a check or direct deposit to the student or the source of financial aid. Full or partial refund of tuition and fees will be made according to the schedule on this page.
Non-Credit Course Refunds
All non-credit courses are self-support; minimum enrollment is required. To be eligible for a refund, students must drop seven days prior to the course start date.
Student Financial Assistance (SFA) Refunds
The Financial Aid Office disburses funds the weekend before the start of each term; however the actual receipt of aid is dependent on the completeness of each student’s financial aid application. The Student Accounts Office will release refund checks no earlier than the fifth day of class each term. Refund checks may be picked up at the Student Accounts Office, or will be direct deposited if the student has signed up via UAonline.alaska.edu for this option.
Federal regulations stipulate that UAS students who are receiving Federal Financial Aid and withdraw from all classes in a term may be required to return a portion of unearned financial aid to the Department of Education. Review the section on Return of Title IV for more information.
Self–support courses, correspondence courses, and sponsored courses offered primarily by the Professional Education Center may have different refund policies than those indicated here. Please check with the Professional Education Center at (907) 796–6045 for information concerning refund policies for these classes.
The first day of instruction for semester–length courses is the first day of instruction listed in the official academic calendar.
- Registrations for courses by UAS, tuition and fees will be refunded in full.
- The date of the drop transaction determines eligibility for a refund.
- If registration is cancelled as a result of disciplinary action, students forfeit all rights to a refund of any portion of tuition and fees.
- Vocational/technical course fees are subject to this refund schedule.
- In case the operations of UAS are adversely affected by war, riot, natural act, action of civil authority, strike or other emergency or condition, the University reserves the right to take action to curtail part of all of its operations, including action to cancel classes and action to discontinue services. In any case in which a significant curtailment is judged proper by UAS, the University’s liability is limited to (at most) a refund of tuition and fees paid.
- Housing refunds: See Student Services section in this catalog or contact Student Activities.
|Course Length||100% Refund Tuition & Fees||No Refund|
|Semester-length courses (Fall and Spring only)||Prior to and during the first 2 weeks of instruction for the semester||On the first day after the second week of instruction for the semester|
|Credit courses meeting 12 or more times but less than a semester||Prior to the 3rd class meeting, or check online or with the Registrar's Office||On or after the day of the 3rd class meeting, or check online or with the Registrar's Office|
|Credit courses meeting 5-11 times||Prior to the day of the 2nd class meeting||On or after the day of the 2nd class meeting|
|Credit courses meeting less than 5 times||On or before the first day of the course|
|E-Learning courses with no designated class meetings, to be determined by campus.||Within 7 to 14 calendar days from the later of student's registration date or the first day of instruction for the semester.|
The UAS Business Office may grant exceptions to financial obligations. The Business Office considers petitions only when a student has been medically disabled, has experienced a death in the family, or has a change in employment hours or location beyond the student’s control.
- Written documentation of these conditions is required.
- Petitions are not reviewed unless documentation of circumstances is provided.
- Petitions are not reviewed unless the student has officially dropped or withdrawn from course(s).
- Exceptions are not considered for a student’s failure to comply with published deadlines, or changes in employment under the student’s control.
- Petitions will not be considered for semesters beyond one year.
Refund processing begins after the fifth day of class and takes ten working days. Students who paid by credit card will have their card credited. If the student paid by cash or check, a refund check will be mailed to the address of record, or direct deposited into their bank account if this option was set up in advance. Refunds will not be issued for amount of less than $1. For general information please call (907) 796-6267.