Online Programs and e-Learning
E-Learning education opportunities are consistent with the UAS mission to provide students access to a variety of academic and vocational programs and courses. Admission requirements to e-Learning programs are the same as admission requirements to the programs delivered on campus. Since all courses are approved by appropriate academic departments and faculty groups and meet standards of accreditation, no distinction is made among the various delivery modes in terms of a course’s acceptability for meeting degree program requirements.
E-Learning is instruction that occurs when the instructor and student are separated by distance or time or both. Delivery varies by course and may be via web, audio or video conference, or satellite broadcast, may use e-mail, correspondence or other combination of methods, and may require group meetings or be done on an individual basis. It is the responsibility of students to familiarize themselves with the technologies that are required for each course and prepare themselves accordingly before registering for classes.
It is the student’s responsibility to obtain advice regarding the applicability of any particular course to meet a specific degree requirement. Student services available for e-Learning students include toll-free voice and fax telephone, admission counseling, faculty advising, UA site coordinators throughout the state, financial aid/scholarships application and awards, placement testing, tutoring resources, online library resources, computing services, and online services such as registration, grade reports, bill payment, and unofficial transcripts.
Certificate and degree programs available through e-Learning may include some on-campus and/ or practicum/internship requirements at specific locations.
The following certificate and degree programs are available by e-Learning to students within the state of Alaska: (unless otherwise noted below)
Occupational Endorsement Certificates
- Accounting Technician1
- Applied Fisheries1 with an emphasis in: Alaskan Aquaculture or Fisheries Management
- Health Information Management Coding Specialist1
- Healthcare Privacy and Security1
- Pre-Radiologic Technology Qualifications
- Small Business Management1
- Associate of Arts
- A.A.S. in Applied Fisheries1
- A.A.S. in Business Administration1
- A.A.S. in Health Information Management1
- Associate of Science
Bachelor Degrees 2
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science1
- Bachelor of Arts in Special Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration1 with an emphasis in: Accounting, Human Resource Management, Management, or Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts1 Alaskan Native Languages and Studies and Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities only
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Elementary)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Secondary)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Special Education)
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education in Reading Specialist
- Master of Education in Special Education
- Master of Public Administration1 (also available in Whitehorse, YT Canada)
UAS facilitates the delivery of the following University of Alaska academic degree programs:
Specific information about UAS degree programs and certificates is available on our Areas of Study page. If you're interested in learning about our upcoming schedule of classes, visit our UAS Class Schedule page or call 1-877-465-4827.
Indicates program is offered by e-Learning to out of state students. Non-resident surcharges will apply.
Not all minors are available via e-Learning